Red Onions, with their wonderful color, are a good choice for lots of fresh uses or for grilling, charbroiling, and roasting.
Add Red Onions to a range of dishes which has a light sweet flavour. Onions are also consumed raw in the form of salad. They can be dipped in flour and fried for a scrumptious evening snack, widely known as onion Pakoras which can be relished with chutneys. Onions are also used in burgers, pizzas, sandwiches, hot dogs and many more. An onion a day may help keep the doctor away since they are rich in vitamin C, sulphuric compounds, flavonoids and other phytochemicals. Onions are an excellent source of heart-healthy, cancer-fighting quercetin and contain disease-fighting polyphenols.
- Can be identified by their thin, lighter-colored skin
- Typically higher in water content, which reduces their shelf-life and makes them more susceptible to bruising
- Range in flavor from sweet to mild
- Best to use in salads, sandwiches, and fresh, lightly-cooked or grilled dishes
- Many specialty sweet onions are part of this category and are sold under a specific trade name or labe
- Available August through May in yellow, red, and white
- Easy to recognize by their multiple layers of thick, darker colored skin
- Commonly lower in water content, they have a longer shelf-life
- Range in flavor from mild to pungent
Best for savory dishes that require longer cooking times or more flavor
Shipping Service: 3 hrs Delivery System Service Applicable on the Product.
1Kg, 5 Kgs